PHOENIX — Several Valley restaurants will soon be getting some exposure on national television.
While he was in town to sell his 2013 Corvette 427 at the Barrett-Jackson auction, Chef Guy Fieri took his camera crews around town to tape episodes of his popular “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives” show that airs on the Food Network.
One place that will soon be on television is The Perk Eatery, near 65th street and Greenway road in north Phoenix.
Owner Pauline Thomas-Martinez said she got a call from the Food Network about three weeks ago telling her they wanted to feature her restaurant in an episode. Crews were in the restaurant for about three days, with Fieri showing up for the big taping on Jan. 15.
Thomas-Martinez said she had a blast taping the episode.
“[Fieri] is exactly as rambunctious in person as he seems on TV. He is a really nice guy. The whole crew was really phenomenal to work with. They were all very, very nice to work with. It was a great experience.”
Thomas-Martinez described her restaurant as “classic Americana with a little Southwest twist.” She whipped up three dishes for the show, but has decided not to reveal exactly what she cooked until the show airs.
“They are dishes that I have featured as specials, and that I don’t run full time on the menu,” she said. “They are all really great dishes, and I sell them out every time I make them for the restaurant. They are really great.”
Thomas-Martinez that the show will drive customers to the restaurant, so she will be serving the dishes when they begin to arrive.
The Scottsdale-based Up Agency is handling Fieri’s local media relations. It would not confirm what restaurants were visited by the show, but Thomas-Martinez said that her restaurant was just one of several places where taping occurred.
“From my understanding, I think they went to Curry Corner, which is a Pakastani restaurant in Tempe, they went to Defalco’s Italian Grocer, they went to Barrio Café, St. Francis, they did us and they did The Duce [in] downtown [Phoenix].”
Thomas-Martinez said the Food Network has told her that the episode featuring Perk Eatery will air “sometime within the next three to six months.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development