The Valley may have suffered through a cold spell, but the winter weather here is nothing like what northern city slickers have to deal with.
The Scottsdale Convention and Visitor’s Bureau said now is the perfect time to entice these folks to pay the southwest, Scottsdale in particular, a visit. The bureau is launching its Warm Weather campaign.
“Every year we look to reach out to our primary cold-weather markets, which include Chicago, New York, Canada, even Denver, to capitalize on the sunny, warm weather we have here,” said Kelly Tope with the bureau.
According to the bureau, during February, New Yorkers riding the 42nd Street subway will find themselves surrounded The exteriors and interiors of three subway cars will be wrapped with Scottsdale’s tourism assets: the Sonoran Desert, Old West heritage, spas and golf. Each wrap will direct riders to StepIntoScottsdale.com.
Another part of the campaign is weather-sensitive promotion, in which an ad boasting Scottsdale’s forecast will appear on Weather Channel Canada.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America