The Valley may have suffered through a cold spell, but the winter weather here is nothing like what northern city slickers have to deal with.
The Scottsdale Convention and Visitor’s Bureau said now is the perfect time to entice these folks to pay the southwest, Scottsdale in particular, a visit. The bureau is launching its Warm Weather campaign.
“Every year we look to reach out to our primary cold-weather markets, which include Chicago, New York, Canada, even Denver, to capitalize on the sunny, warm weather we have here,” said Kelly Tope with the bureau.
According to the bureau, during February, New Yorkers riding the 42nd Street subway will find themselves surrounded The exteriors and interiors of three subway cars will be wrapped with Scottsdale’s tourism assets: the Sonoran Desert, Old West heritage, spas and golf. Each wrap will direct riders to StepIntoScottsdale.com.
Another part of the campaign is weather-sensitive promotion, in which an ad boasting Scottsdale’s forecast will appear on Weather Channel Canada.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night