The Valley may have suffered through a cold spell, but the winter weather here is nothing like what northern city slickers have to deal with.
The Scottsdale Convention and Visitor’s Bureau said now is the perfect time to entice these folks to pay the southwest, Scottsdale in particular, a visit. The bureau is launching its Warm Weather campaign.
“Every year we look to reach out to our primary cold-weather markets, which include Chicago, New York, Canada, even Denver, to capitalize on the sunny, warm weather we have here,” said Kelly Tope with the bureau.
According to the bureau, during February, New Yorkers riding the 42nd Street subway will find themselves surrounded The exteriors and interiors of three subway cars will be wrapped with Scottsdale’s tourism assets: the Sonoran Desert, Old West heritage, spas and golf. Each wrap will direct riders to StepIntoScottsdale.com.
Another part of the campaign is weather-sensitive promotion, in which an ad boasting Scottsdale’s forecast will appear on Weather Channel Canada.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon