TUCSON — Two women touched by the 2011 shooting rampage in Tucson are back from a trip to Connecticut, where they met with families of the victims of the Newtown elementary school massacre.
Pam Simon and Roxanna Green say they know what Newtown is going through and they went there to listen and share.
On Dec. 14, a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
Simon was working for then-Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords when they were both shot at a Tucson constituent event on Jan. 8, 2011.
Giffords and Simon were among 13 people wounded. Six people died including Green’s 9-year-old daughter, Christina-Taylor.
Roxanna Green says she understands what the parents of the Newtown victims must cope with, adding: “I feel their pain every day.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development