The Tempe Gateway office building, an approximately 264,000-square-foot structure in the Mill Avenue District, has been sold for $66.1 million to the Parkway Properties Inc. in Orlando, Fla.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, this deal provides “Microsoft co-founder and Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen’s Vulcan Inc.” with a $31.1 million profit after the company originally purchased the foreclosed property in June 2010.
Conversely, the Parkway’s purchase provides the company with nearly 788,000 square feet of Class A office space adjacent to US Airways headquarters and near 3rd Street, according to a statement from CBRE Inc. on Wednesday. Essentially, the Parkway now owns over 1.18 million square feet in Phoenix.
“Parkway has experienced exceptional leasing success at its two other Tempe properties, Hayden Ferry Lakeside I and II,” Jim Fijan, a broker with CBRE who represented Parkway, said in the statement. “With no new product immediately available and strong demand for class A space in downtown Tempe, Tempe Gateway provides Parkway with additional leasing opportunities in the area and a significant share of the market.”
The statement added that this transaction began with an unsolicited offer to purchase the building in the downtown Tempe area. Although Tempe Gateway was lost by its original developer, Opus West Corp., in 2009, the building remained incomplete once the structure was bought by Vulcan Inc. the subsequent year. At this point, the building is 74 percent occupied.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them