The Tempe Gateway office building, an approximately 264,000-square-foot structure in the Mill Avenue District, has been sold for $66.1 million to the Parkway Properties Inc. in Orlando, Fla.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, this deal provides “Microsoft co-founder and Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen’s Vulcan Inc.” with a $31.1 million profit after the company originally purchased the foreclosed property in June 2010.
Conversely, the Parkway’s purchase provides the company with nearly 788,000 square feet of Class A office space adjacent to US Airways headquarters and near 3rd Street, according to a statement from CBRE Inc. on Wednesday. Essentially, the Parkway now owns over 1.18 million square feet in Phoenix.
“Parkway has experienced exceptional leasing success at its two other Tempe properties, Hayden Ferry Lakeside I and II,” Jim Fijan, a broker with CBRE who represented Parkway, said in the statement. “With no new product immediately available and strong demand for class A space in downtown Tempe, Tempe Gateway provides Parkway with additional leasing opportunities in the area and a significant share of the market.”
The statement added that this transaction began with an unsolicited offer to purchase the building in the downtown Tempe area. Although Tempe Gateway was lost by its original developer, Opus West Corp., in 2009, the building remained incomplete once the structure was bought by Vulcan Inc. the subsequent year. At this point, the building is 74 percent occupied.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments