The Tempe Gateway office building, an approximately 264,000-square-foot structure in the Mill Avenue District, has been sold for $66.1 million to the Parkway Properties Inc. in Orlando, Fla.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, this deal provides “Microsoft co-founder and Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen’s Vulcan Inc.” with a $31.1 million profit after the company originally purchased the foreclosed property in June 2010.
Conversely, the Parkway’s purchase provides the company with nearly 788,000 square feet of Class A office space adjacent to US Airways headquarters and near 3rd Street, according to a statement from CBRE Inc. on Wednesday. Essentially, the Parkway now owns over 1.18 million square feet in Phoenix.
“Parkway has experienced exceptional leasing success at its two other Tempe properties, Hayden Ferry Lakeside I and II,” Jim Fijan, a broker with CBRE who represented Parkway, said in the statement. “With no new product immediately available and strong demand for class A space in downtown Tempe, Tempe Gateway provides Parkway with additional leasing opportunities in the area and a significant share of the market.”
The statement added that this transaction began with an unsolicited offer to purchase the building in the downtown Tempe area. Although Tempe Gateway was lost by its original developer, Opus West Corp., in 2009, the building remained incomplete once the structure was bought by Vulcan Inc. the subsequent year. At this point, the building is 74 percent occupied.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths