PHOENIX — Suddenly the flu vaccine is in more demand than an iPhone 5.
Health officials report that 85 percent of the vaccine supply in the United States has been delivered and administered, which leaves a small amount in the pipeline.
Arizona hasn’t escaped the stampede for the vaccine.
“Folks that are now saying, ‘I never did get that flu vaccine,’ are trying to find it now. They may find it, but it’s just getting more and more difficult,” said Will Humble, director of the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Students at one of the state’s public universities will have a difficult time getting vaccinated on campus.
Vaccine supply at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff has been depleted and officials are recommending students find the vaccine at local clinics or pharmacies.
Downstate at the University of Arizona in Tucson, health officials are awaiting delivery of a few dozen doses.
“It’s because of the overwhelming demand due to the overwhelming prevalence of influenza this year,” said Eric Anger, pharmacy manager at Arizona State University’s Health Service Center.
Anger reports the school still has a small supply of the vaccine.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food