Waste Management Phoenix Open has decided to work with Kyocera and Cox Business to make it easier for fans vendors and sponsors to interact with the tournament.
New features to the tournament include making the entire course a free Wi-Fi hot spot for the first time ever, and downloading an app
that has a daily event feature, interactive map, an up-to-the-minute leader-board, GPS enabled car finder, weather information and Coors Light Birds Nest lineups and ticket information.
Mobile tech teams will be present to assist spectators with downloading the app, connecting to the Wi-Fi and offering smart phone assistance.
Also present will be life sized “Andy the Android” mascots.
The tournament is set to start Jan. 28 and end Feb 3.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered