Upset with treatment by school administration, a student made threats involving physical assault toward a Yavapai County high school principle.
According to the Yavapai County Sheriff’s office, 18-year-old Cable Folan was reported to authorities on Jan. 15 due to the discovery of text messages that contained threats involving physical assault toward the principal of Bagdad High school.
Folan has had behavioral issues in the past leading staff to report him to authorities
Deputies searched the home of Folan’s father and found handguns and rifles, as well as marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Deputies also searched the home of Folan’s mother, and found other firearms that were accessible to Folan.
Folan has admitted to writing the threats, but expressed he had no intention of going through with them.
Folan has been transported to the Camp Verde Detention Center and charged with interfering or disrupting an educational institution, threatening and intimidating, possession of marijuana, cultivating marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl