Fifty classroom projects for kids in Glendale were paid for by Extra Yard for Teacher Awareness Week. It’s part of the college football national championship happening in Glendale in January.
“They announced that 53 projects in 31 schools across Glendale will be fully funded,” said Jim Cummings with the Glendale Elementary School District. “
In all, the Arizona Organizing Committee and College Football Playoff Organization plan to provide $1 million dollars in charitable contributions, as part of Extra Yard for Teachers. With the majority going to benefit education in Arizona.
“The projects funded range from new school supplies, to books, technology, field trips and science experiment kits,” he said.
Teachers spend a lot of their own money for things like this, and to come through like this for us, is just incredible, he said. They’re spending more than $35 thousand to fund these projects and they will impact more than 15 thousand students across our city.
- Glendale police found 13-year-old boy who went missing Thursday
- Three Arizona cities among top 20 in US for singles
- Main Street Minute: Health care job fairs set at 2 Glendale sites
- Taylor Swift to kick off ‘Reputation’ with date in Glendale
- Arizona Cardinals fans should plan ahead to avoid Phoenix-area traffic