SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Some Valley homebuyers are settling for a little less land.
RealEstateConsulting.com said that in places like San Diego, homes on mid-sized lots in the 5,000- to 6,900-square-foot range are selling better than lower priced homes on smaller lots and higher priced homes on larger lots.
Here in the Valley, Real Estate expert Dean Wegner said many homebuyers are also opting for mid-sized lots.
Wegner said that people used to buy a house on a big lot, then take out a second mortgage to put something like a pool on that lot, but that’s changed.
“The financing isn’t there anymore,” he said. “Along with it went the dreams of doing these grandiose home improvements. They’re going for the mid-sized homes.”
Wegner said if homebuyers can make a deal with their builder to include a pool, they often get one.
Wegner said he knows first hand that mid-size can be better.
“I used to own a 5,000-square-foot house on an acre, and it ate money,” he said. “Now I live in a 2,500-square-foot house on a medium-sized lot. It works out great.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development