A Pima, Ariz., underground miner and his team are the latest people doing their jobs to become part of the reality TV landscape.
“Ghost Mine,” the newest reality show on SyFy Channel, follows Stan Griffith and his team as they look for gold in an Oregon mine with a reputation of being haunted. Along for the ride: two paranormal investigators and camera crews.
“There’s a lot of bleeping on the show, because miners use rough language while they are working,” said Griffith. “A lot of ‘Get out of my way, we’re trying to do something here. Paranormals in the way all the time”.
Griffith said the only instructions from the producers was to just be themselves. He hand-picked the crew for the adventure in Oregon, which will be documented over six episodes in and around the mine. There are two members of the crew he met in Oregon. He describes them as “greenhorns” the owner of the mine had hired prior to Griffith’s team arriving.
“They’re very naive,” said Griffith. “They had never been exposed to underground mining before, so that was pretty interesting, especially putting up with a bunch of cranky miners”.
Griffith is not sure if the show will be picked up for another season, calling the experience “unique and different.”
The show debuts at 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food