A Pima, Ariz., underground miner and his team are the latest people doing their jobs to become part of the reality TV landscape.
“Ghost Mine,” the newest reality show on SyFy Channel, follows Stan Griffith and his team as they look for gold in an Oregon mine with a reputation of being haunted. Along for the ride: two paranormal investigators and camera crews.
“There’s a lot of bleeping on the show, because miners use rough language while they are working,” said Griffith. “A lot of ‘Get out of my way, we’re trying to do something here. Paranormals in the way all the time”.
Griffith said the only instructions from the producers was to just be themselves. He hand-picked the crew for the adventure in Oregon, which will be documented over six episodes in and around the mine. There are two members of the crew he met in Oregon. He describes them as “greenhorns” the owner of the mine had hired prior to Griffith’s team arriving.
“They’re very naive,” said Griffith. “They had never been exposed to underground mining before, so that was pretty interesting, especially putting up with a bunch of cranky miners”.
Griffith is not sure if the show will be picked up for another season, calling the experience “unique and different.”
The show debuts at 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl