A Pima, Ariz., underground miner and his team are the latest people doing their jobs to become part of the reality TV landscape.
“Ghost Mine,” the newest reality show on SyFy Channel, follows Stan Griffith and his team as they look for gold in an Oregon mine with a reputation of being haunted. Along for the ride: two paranormal investigators and camera crews.
“There’s a lot of bleeping on the show, because miners use rough language while they are working,” said Griffith. “A lot of ‘Get out of my way, we’re trying to do something here. Paranormals in the way all the time”.
Griffith said the only instructions from the producers was to just be themselves. He hand-picked the crew for the adventure in Oregon, which will be documented over six episodes in and around the mine. There are two members of the crew he met in Oregon. He describes them as “greenhorns” the owner of the mine had hired prior to Griffith’s team arriving.
“They’re very naive,” said Griffith. “They had never been exposed to underground mining before, so that was pretty interesting, especially putting up with a bunch of cranky miners”.
Griffith is not sure if the show will be picked up for another season, calling the experience “unique and different.”
The show debuts at 9 p.m. Wednesday.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night