When deciding to sell a yellow dress on eBay, the number one thing that should be emphasized in the photo is the article of clothing, right?
According to The Huffington Post, a woman from Oxfordshire, England, decided to go with the accidental nude photo approach instead. She noticed that the picture, which was taken near a mirror, showcased a half-naked reflection of herself. Once the photo was posted, it soon made its way onto Twitter, where the image began trending with the hashtag #ebayyellowskaterdress.
However, rather than feeling shamed and humiliated, she simply adjusted her description of the auction with virtually duplicated photo. Essentially, the woman re-listed the original auction page, “Asos yellow Skater Dress 10,” to “asos yellow skater dress size 10. a MUST HAVE.” The re-listed product description said “#ebayyellowskaterdress as seen by thousands. never worn naked. Needs a good home.”
From a financial perspective, this woman’s accident proved to be of substantial benefit. Following her initial price at £15.99, the dress is now selling for £56.00.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon