Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
92.3 FM KTAR
close_menu
LATEST NEWS

Mother and son suffer severe burns from hot grease

Mesa Fire and Medical Department teams treated a mother and her son on Tuesday after they suffered second- and third-degree burns near Gilbert Road and Broadway.

The mother initially noticed a small grease fire starting in a pot on the stove. After attempting to dump the contents out the front door, the mother tripped over her 3-year-old boy. Although the fire was put out, the hot grease fell on both of them.

The two were examined and transported to Maricopa County Burn Center at approximately 12:30 p.m. A response team stayed behind to expel absorbent at the scene.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus