Local boarder patrol agents seized 4,585 pounds of marijuana totaling $2.2 million during three separate occasions on Monday.
According to a release, Ajo Station agents in the All-Terrain Unit initially found an abandoned Chevy Suburban near Why, Ariz., filled with 85 bundles of marijuana. The vehicle’s contents, about 1,724 pounds of marijuana, was worth about $862,000.
Agents subsequently discovered another vehicle containing an estimated 1,340 pounds of marijuana. The 2003 Chevy Tahoe contained 66 bundles with an estimated worth of $670,000. By the end of the night, agents near Pia Oik village located another deserted vehicle with the same year, make and model containing 76 bundles of drugs. Weighing 1,521 pounds, the marijuana has an approximate value of $760,500.
All three vehicles were taken to Ajo Station where they will ultimately be transferred to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon