Local boarder patrol agents seized 4,585 pounds of marijuana totaling $2.2 million during three separate occasions on Monday.
According to a release, Ajo Station agents in the All-Terrain Unit initially found an abandoned Chevy Suburban near Why, Ariz., filled with 85 bundles of marijuana. The vehicle’s contents, about 1,724 pounds of marijuana, was worth about $862,000.
Agents subsequently discovered another vehicle containing an estimated 1,340 pounds of marijuana. The 2003 Chevy Tahoe contained 66 bundles with an estimated worth of $670,000. By the end of the night, agents near Pia Oik village located another deserted vehicle with the same year, make and model containing 76 bundles of drugs. Weighing 1,521 pounds, the marijuana has an approximate value of $760,500.
All three vehicles were taken to Ajo Station where they will ultimately be transferred to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains