A man who escaped a Maricopa County prison several months ago escaped from a Michigan prison last week.
Rocky Delgado Marquez, 34, was arrested Jan. 15 in Detroit after he escaped an Arizona prison in May 2012 by convincing another inmate who had posted bond to switch identifying wristbands with him.
“He’s on the run and he’s one of our agency’s highest priorities,” said US Marshall Matt Hershey.
Originally, Marquez was suspected of driving under the influence after he crashed into a parked car. After attempting to flee the scene, Phoenix police arrested Marquez, who had a weapon inside his vehicle. Homeland Security Investigations prompted Marquez’s federal charges, including conspiracy to commit money laundering, possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and possession with intent to distribute marijuana. He escaped an MCSO jail a few days later.
Marquez has been wanted by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office following his escape from Lower Buckeye Jail in May 2012. Marquez was found at a residence in Detroit, with a loaded AK-47 assault rifle and a number of fraudulent identification documents.
According to a U.S. Marshals Release release, Marquez has also been charged with perjury, influencing a witness, forgery, felony criminal damage, misconduct involving weapons, driving under the influence, failure to stop and misdemeanor criminal damage since his original arrest in Sept. 2010.
He will face additional charges for this escape.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy