A man who escaped a Maricopa County prison several months ago escaped from a Michigan prison last week.
Rocky Delgado Marquez, 34, was arrested Jan. 15 in Detroit after he escaped an Arizona prison in May 2012 by convincing another inmate who had posted bond to switch identifying wristbands with him.
“He’s on the run and he’s one of our agency’s highest priorities,” said US Marshall Matt Hershey.
Originally, Marquez was suspected of driving under the influence after he crashed into a parked car. After attempting to flee the scene, Phoenix police arrested Marquez, who had a weapon inside his vehicle. Homeland Security Investigations prompted Marquez’s federal charges, including conspiracy to commit money laundering, possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and possession with intent to distribute marijuana. He escaped an MCSO jail a few days later.
Marquez has been wanted by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office following his escape from Lower Buckeye Jail in May 2012. Marquez was found at a residence in Detroit, with a loaded AK-47 assault rifle and a number of fraudulent identification documents.
According to a U.S. Marshals Release release, Marquez has also been charged with perjury, influencing a witness, forgery, felony criminal damage, misconduct involving weapons, driving under the influence, failure to stop and misdemeanor criminal damage since his original arrest in Sept. 2010.
He will face additional charges for this escape.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development