A man who escaped a Maricopa County prison several months ago escaped from a Michigan prison last week.
Rocky Delgado Marquez, 34, was arrested Jan. 15 in Detroit after he escaped an Arizona prison in May 2012 by convincing another inmate who had posted bond to switch identifying wristbands with him.
“He’s on the run and he’s one of our agency’s highest priorities,” said US Marshall Matt Hershey.
Originally, Marquez was suspected of driving under the influence after he crashed into a parked car. After attempting to flee the scene, Phoenix police arrested Marquez, who had a weapon inside his vehicle. Homeland Security Investigations prompted Marquez’s federal charges, including conspiracy to commit money laundering, possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and possession with intent to distribute marijuana. He escaped an MCSO jail a few days later.
Marquez has been wanted by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office following his escape from Lower Buckeye Jail in May 2012. Marquez was found at a residence in Detroit, with a loaded AK-47 assault rifle and a number of fraudulent identification documents.
According to a U.S. Marshals Release release, Marquez has also been charged with perjury, influencing a witness, forgery, felony criminal damage, misconduct involving weapons, driving under the influence, failure to stop and misdemeanor criminal damage since his original arrest in Sept. 2010.
He will face additional charges for this escape.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night