A man who escaped a Maricopa County prison several months ago escaped from a Michigan prison last week.
Rocky Delgado Marquez, 34, was arrested Jan. 15 in Detroit after he escaped an Arizona prison in May 2012 by convincing another inmate who had posted bond to switch identifying wristbands with him.
“He’s on the run and he’s one of our agency’s highest priorities,” said US Marshall Matt Hershey.
Originally, Marquez was suspected of driving under the influence after he crashed into a parked car. After attempting to flee the scene, Phoenix police arrested Marquez, who had a weapon inside his vehicle. Homeland Security Investigations prompted Marquez’s federal charges, including conspiracy to commit money laundering, possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance and possession with intent to distribute marijuana. He escaped an MCSO jail a few days later.
Marquez has been wanted by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office following his escape from Lower Buckeye Jail in May 2012. Marquez was found at a residence in Detroit, with a loaded AK-47 assault rifle and a number of fraudulent identification documents.
According to a U.S. Marshals Release release, Marquez has also been charged with perjury, influencing a witness, forgery, felony criminal damage, misconduct involving weapons, driving under the influence, failure to stop and misdemeanor criminal damage since his original arrest in Sept. 2010.
He will face additional charges for this escape.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas