Girl scout cookies are back and here are some small facts that go with them.
According to an infographic, the most popular of these beloved treats are the Thin Mint cookies, with 56 million of these cookies sold last year.
In 2012, about three million Girl Scouts sold a record-setting $714 million worth of cookies. In other terms, that’s 210,162,000,000 calories that were sold.
Among the family of these cookies are some that have been given the boot off the sales rack. This group consists of cookies such as Lemon Coolers, Double Dutch and a cheese cracker type snack called Golden Yangles, which isn’t even a cookie.
Believe it or not, the girls selling you these cookies could be you future government officials for as of 2005 more than 70% of the women in the senate and more than 65% of the women in the U.S House of Representatives were Girl Scouts alumnae.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise