Girl scout cookies are back and here are some small facts that go with them.
According to an infographic, the most popular of these beloved treats are the Thin Mint cookies, with 56 million of these cookies sold last year.
In 2012, about three million Girl Scouts sold a record-setting $714 million worth of cookies. In other terms, that’s 210,162,000,000 calories that were sold.
Among the family of these cookies are some that have been given the boot off the sales rack. This group consists of cookies such as Lemon Coolers, Double Dutch and a cheese cracker type snack called Golden Yangles, which isn’t even a cookie.
Believe it or not, the girls selling you these cookies could be you future government officials for as of 2005 more than 70% of the women in the senate and more than 65% of the women in the U.S House of Representatives were Girl Scouts alumnae.
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past