Girl scout cookies are back and here are some small facts that go with them.
According to an infographic, the most popular of these beloved treats are the Thin Mint cookies, with 56 million of these cookies sold last year.
In 2012, about three million Girl Scouts sold a record-setting $714 million worth of cookies. In other terms, that’s 210,162,000,000 calories that were sold.
Among the family of these cookies are some that have been given the boot off the sales rack. This group consists of cookies such as Lemon Coolers, Double Dutch and a cheese cracker type snack called Golden Yangles, which isn’t even a cookie.
Believe it or not, the girls selling you these cookies could be you future government officials for as of 2005 more than 70% of the women in the senate and more than 65% of the women in the U.S House of Representatives were Girl Scouts alumnae.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development