Mesa police are searching for two suspects who have been linked to several robberies.
Called the Hooded Bandits, the suspects enter businesses near closing time, either display or simulate having a handgun and demand money.
“Right now, thankfully, they have not hurt anyone,” said Mesa Police Sgt. Tony Landato. “Although, this is a very dangerous situation.”
In total, the suspects have robbed nine different stores:
Subway, located at 450 S. Sossaman, on Jan. 4.
New China, located at 1130 N. Higley, on Jan. 4.
Subway, located at 1121 S. Higley, on Jan. 7.
Walgreens, located at 9230 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
Walgreens, located at 6002 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
Circle K, located at 1210 S. Higley, on Jan. 10.
Taco Bell, located at 6728 E. Main, on Jan. 11.
Safeway, located at 9101 E. Baseline, on Jan. 11.
Dairy Queen, located at 316 S. Power, on Jan. 13.
The suspects, who always wear hooded sweatshirts, are described as being white or Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s. They stand between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-11 and weigh about 150 lbs. One suspect has a thin mustache and gold-trimmed prescription glasses.
The suspects use a getaway vehicle, but multiple descriptions have been given.
“There’s no substitution for vigilance,” said Landato. “There’s no lock, there’s no alarm, there’s nothing that can beat that and that’s what we really stress with everybody.”
Anyone with information on these robberies is asked to call the Mesa Police Department at (480) 644-2211 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them