Mesa police are searching for two suspects who have been linked to several robberies.
Called the Hooded Bandits, the suspects enter businesses near closing time, either display or simulate having a handgun and demand money.
“Right now, thankfully, they have not hurt anyone,” said Mesa Police Sgt. Tony Landato. “Although, this is a very dangerous situation.”
In total, the suspects have robbed nine different stores:
Subway, located at 450 S. Sossaman, on Jan. 4.
New China, located at 1130 N. Higley, on Jan. 4.
Subway, located at 1121 S. Higley, on Jan. 7.
Walgreens, located at 9230 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
Walgreens, located at 6002 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
Circle K, located at 1210 S. Higley, on Jan. 10.
Taco Bell, located at 6728 E. Main, on Jan. 11.
Safeway, located at 9101 E. Baseline, on Jan. 11.
Dairy Queen, located at 316 S. Power, on Jan. 13.
The suspects, who always wear hooded sweatshirts, are described as being white or Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s. They stand between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-11 and weigh about 150 lbs. One suspect has a thin mustache and gold-trimmed prescription glasses.
The suspects use a getaway vehicle, but multiple descriptions have been given.
“There’s no substitution for vigilance,” said Landato. “There’s no lock, there’s no alarm, there’s nothing that can beat that and that’s what we really stress with everybody.”
Anyone with information on these robberies is asked to call the Mesa Police Department at (480) 644-2211 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier