Mesa police are searching for two suspects who have been linked to several robberies.
Called the Hooded Bandits, the suspects enter businesses near closing time, either display or simulate having a handgun and demand money.
“Right now, thankfully, they have not hurt anyone,” said Mesa Police Sgt. Tony Landato. “Although, this is a very dangerous situation.”
In total, the suspects have robbed nine different stores:
Subway, located at 450 S. Sossaman, on Jan. 4.
New China, located at 1130 N. Higley, on Jan. 4.
Subway, located at 1121 S. Higley, on Jan. 7.
Walgreens, located at 9230 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
Walgreens, located at 6002 E. Main, on Jan. 10.
Circle K, located at 1210 S. Higley, on Jan. 10.
Taco Bell, located at 6728 E. Main, on Jan. 11.
Safeway, located at 9101 E. Baseline, on Jan. 11.
Dairy Queen, located at 316 S. Power, on Jan. 13.
The suspects, who always wear hooded sweatshirts, are described as being white or Hispanic males in their late teens or early 20s. They stand between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-11 and weigh about 150 lbs. One suspect has a thin mustache and gold-trimmed prescription glasses.
The suspects use a getaway vehicle, but multiple descriptions have been given.
“There’s no substitution for vigilance,” said Landato. “There’s no lock, there’s no alarm, there’s nothing that can beat that and that’s what we really stress with everybody.”
Anyone with information on these robberies is asked to call the Mesa Police Department at (480) 644-2211 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development