PHOENIX — The case focuses on feet and fish, specifically, tiny carp with no teeth that nibble off dead skin.
Cindy Vong offered the “spa fish” pedicure at her East Valley salon until the state cosmetology board forced her to stop.
According to state rules, any pedicure tool or equipment must be disinfected and placed in dry storage. You can’t do that with fish, but Vong’s attorneys say she protected customers by cleaning their feet first and sanitizing the tanks after each use.
Vong is being represented by the Goldwater Institute, which argues the entrepreneur is being saddled with irrational and arbitrary regulations. The fish pedicures are legal in several states while more than ten have banned the practice.
The trial gets underway Monday morning at Maricopa County Superior Court and is expected to last two days.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy