PHOENIX — It is anything but a typical job fair.
For the next three days the new Culinary Dropout restaurant at the Yard complex near Seventh Street and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix is looking for bartenders, cooks, dishwashers and servers who walk off the beaten path.
Anita Walker with Fox Restaurant Concepts said there’s no dress code. They want workers to stand out from the crowd.
“We’re looking for a cool underground vibe from people who work at Culinary Dropout,” Walker said.
She said the company wants people who spend their time off taking in the Valley night life and who are likely to request time off to hit the latest concerts.
“It’s special people,” said Walker. She said the job comes with a ‘culture of no rules.’
The Yard was transformed from an old motorcycle shop into what Walker calls a backyard, front porch and living room all rolled into one and it is Fox Restaurant Concepts’ biggest project yet.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development