PHOENIX — It is anything but a typical job fair.
For the next three days the new Culinary Dropout restaurant at the Yard complex near Seventh Street and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix is looking for bartenders, cooks, dishwashers and servers who walk off the beaten path.
Anita Walker with Fox Restaurant Concepts said there’s no dress code. They want workers to stand out from the crowd.
“We’re looking for a cool underground vibe from people who work at Culinary Dropout,” Walker said.
She said the company wants people who spend their time off taking in the Valley night life and who are likely to request time off to hit the latest concerts.
“It’s special people,” said Walker. She said the job comes with a ‘culture of no rules.’
The Yard was transformed from an old motorcycle shop into what Walker calls a backyard, front porch and living room all rolled into one and it is Fox Restaurant Concepts’ biggest project yet.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates