If you’re ready to make a sweet investment in a girl’s future, now’s your chance.
The Girl Scouts will be taking pre-order for Girl Scout cookies beginning Saturday.
Mary Crumbaker, who manages the Girl Scout Cookie Program for the Arizona Cactus Pine Council, said you might feel a little better about indulging knowing that your support helps these girls in more ways than one.
“We really make sure the girls have learning opportunities when they are out selling cookies,” she said. “They spend time making business plans and goals, they learn a little about advertising, they are out selling and, yes, it is a money-earning project for them.”
The monies earned help fund special activities and outings.
You might notice a few changes with the packaging this year, but all your favorites are back. The most popular are Thin Mints and Samoas.
Last year, approximately 18,000 girls sold just under three million boxes of cookies and organizers expect to beat that number this year.
Girl Scout troops will be out in front of grocery stores around the Valley beginning Feb. 16.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains