If you’re ready to make a sweet investment in a girl’s future, now’s your chance.
The Girl Scouts will be taking pre-order for Girl Scout cookies beginning Saturday.
Mary Crumbaker, who manages the Girl Scout Cookie Program for the Arizona Cactus Pine Council, said you might feel a little better about indulging knowing that your support helps these girls in more ways than one.
“We really make sure the girls have learning opportunities when they are out selling cookies,” she said. “They spend time making business plans and goals, they learn a little about advertising, they are out selling and, yes, it is a money-earning project for them.”
The monies earned help fund special activities and outings.
You might notice a few changes with the packaging this year, but all your favorites are back. The most popular are Thin Mints and Samoas.
Last year, approximately 18,000 girls sold just under three million boxes of cookies and organizers expect to beat that number this year.
Girl Scout troops will be out in front of grocery stores around the Valley beginning Feb. 16.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever