If you’re ready to make a sweet investment in a girl’s future, now’s your chance.
The Girl Scouts will be taking pre-order for Girl Scout cookies beginning Saturday.
Mary Crumbaker, who manages the Girl Scout Cookie Program for the Arizona Cactus Pine Council, said you might feel a little better about indulging knowing that your support helps these girls in more ways than one.
“We really make sure the girls have learning opportunities when they are out selling cookies,” she said. “They spend time making business plans and goals, they learn a little about advertising, they are out selling and, yes, it is a money-earning project for them.”
The monies earned help fund special activities and outings.
You might notice a few changes with the packaging this year, but all your favorites are back. The most popular are Thin Mints and Samoas.
Last year, approximately 18,000 girls sold just under three million boxes of cookies and organizers expect to beat that number this year.
Girl Scout troops will be out in front of grocery stores around the Valley beginning Feb. 16.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development