If you’re ready to make a sweet investment in a girl’s future, now’s your chance.
The Girl Scouts will be taking pre-order for Girl Scout cookies beginning Saturday.
Mary Crumbaker, who manages the Girl Scout Cookie Program for the Arizona Cactus Pine Council, said you might feel a little better about indulging knowing that your support helps these girls in more ways than one.
“We really make sure the girls have learning opportunities when they are out selling cookies,” she said. “They spend time making business plans and goals, they learn a little about advertising, they are out selling and, yes, it is a money-earning project for them.”
The monies earned help fund special activities and outings.
You might notice a few changes with the packaging this year, but all your favorites are back. The most popular are Thin Mints and Samoas.
Last year, approximately 18,000 girls sold just under three million boxes of cookies and organizers expect to beat that number this year.
Girl Scout troops will be out in front of grocery stores around the Valley beginning Feb. 16.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food