A married lesbian couple said that a restaurant owner of gave them a letter explaining how their homosexuality was hurting those around them.
According to Gawker, Ariel and Shawnee McPhail said that after finishing their meal at The Stingray Café in New Bern, N.C., the owner handed them letter that he described as an act of “love.”
The owner told NewsChannel 12 this was not the only time he handed out this type of letter.
The McPhails said that although they deny any public affection was displayed outside the café, it should not have mattered.
“If I did kiss my wife in public, what married couple would you go to and say, ‘how dare you. You cannot hold hands and you cannot kiss in public therefore you deserve my judgement,” Shawnee said. Added Ariel: “If we’re experiencing it, then other people are too and that’s not fair.”
Below is a transcription of the owner’s letter:
“God said in the last days that man and women would be lover of self, more then the lover of God.
That man and woman would have unnatural effection for one another. Then, the coming of the Son of Man, who is Jesus. So please, look at your life. See how it hurt every one around you. And ask the Lord to open your eye before it to late.
The Love of Christ
P.S. my daughter also was gay. It destroy her life and my grandson.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development