CHANDLER, Ariz. — Inspired by a scene from the movie “Anchorman,” the San Tan Brewing Company has put “Sex Panther” in Valley stores by the six pack.
San Tan Brewmaster Anthony Canecchia said he had the double chocolate porter brewed well before he came up with the name. And then it clicked.
“We were all sitting around and had the recipe and Aaron Sanchez suggested the name because we were watching the movie,” he said.
The double chocolate porter had been available only on draft, but now is available in six pack cans at Total Wine, BevMo, Whole Foods and some other locations.
And unlike the clip from the Anchorman movie, Sex Panther Beer does not contain real panther in it.
“But it’s still good,” Canecchia said.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona