The 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament will provide men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces with a new, exclusive scene known as the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost.
“The Patriots’ Outpost is a complimentary hospitality tent for all active duty, reserve and retired military from all five branches of the Armed Forces and their families to enjoy Wednesday through Sunday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open,” said 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Tom Altieri in a release.
This new location near the 18th hole will provide free admission for all active, reserve and retirees in the military from Jan. 30 to Feb. 3. Although the tournament limits tickets to two per day, eligible members will be able to bring one guest after presenting their official military ID.
In the 12 years the Thunderbirds have offered free-of-charge access to military personnel, this is the first year for the Patriots’ Outpost. This year’s tournament will also be the 78th anniversary of this event.
A local company is also looking to hire veterans to work security at the event.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever