The 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament will provide men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces with a new, exclusive scene known as the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost.
“The Patriots’ Outpost is a complimentary hospitality tent for all active duty, reserve and retired military from all five branches of the Armed Forces and their families to enjoy Wednesday through Sunday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open,” said 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Tom Altieri in a release.
This new location near the 18th hole will provide free admission for all active, reserve and retirees in the military from Jan. 30 to Feb. 3. Although the tournament limits tickets to two per day, eligible members will be able to bring one guest after presenting their official military ID.
In the 12 years the Thunderbirds have offered free-of-charge access to military personnel, this is the first year for the Patriots’ Outpost. This year’s tournament will also be the 78th anniversary of this event.
A local company is also looking to hire veterans to work security at the event.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments