The 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament will provide men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces with a new, exclusive scene known as the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost.
“The Patriots’ Outpost is a complimentary hospitality tent for all active duty, reserve and retired military from all five branches of the Armed Forces and their families to enjoy Wednesday through Sunday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open,” said 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Tom Altieri in a release.
This new location near the 18th hole will provide free admission for all active, reserve and retirees in the military from Jan. 30 to Feb. 3. Although the tournament limits tickets to two per day, eligible members will be able to bring one guest after presenting their official military ID.
In the 12 years the Thunderbirds have offered free-of-charge access to military personnel, this is the first year for the Patriots’ Outpost. This year’s tournament will also be the 78th anniversary of this event.
A local company is also looking to hire veterans to work security at the event.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development