The 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open tournament will provide men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces with a new, exclusive scene known as the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost.
“The Patriots’ Outpost is a complimentary hospitality tent for all active duty, reserve and retired military from all five branches of the Armed Forces and their families to enjoy Wednesday through Sunday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open,” said 2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Tom Altieri in a release.
This new location near the 18th hole will provide free admission for all active, reserve and retirees in the military from Jan. 30 to Feb. 3. Although the tournament limits tickets to two per day, eligible members will be able to bring one guest after presenting their official military ID.
In the 12 years the Thunderbirds have offered free-of-charge access to military personnel, this is the first year for the Patriots’ Outpost. This year’s tournament will also be the 78th anniversary of this event.
A local company is also looking to hire veterans to work security at the event.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.