PHOENIX — Interstate 10 was reopened Wednesday after a rollover accident that spilled an ‘odorous’ waste across the roadway.
A tanker truck rear-ended a passenger vehicle and rolled over. The driver was trapped inside the truck, which was carrying kitchen waste fluids.
“It’s a pumper truck that was hauling restaurant kitchen waste,” said Bart Grave with the Arizona Department of Public Safety. “What’s leaking is the actual kitchen waste residue on to the freeway, so it’s not a hazardous material spill, but it is quite odorous.”
The driver was extracted and taken to the hospital. The passenger of the car was also trapped for about 30 minutes and was hospitalized. Both are expected to make a full recovery.
All westbound lanes were blocked. Traffic was diverted to State Route 143. The SR 143 ramp to westbound I-10 and the University ramp to westbound I-10 were also closed.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them