PHOENIX — Interstate 10 was reopened Wednesday after a rollover accident that spilled an ‘odorous’ waste across the roadway.
A tanker truck rear-ended a passenger vehicle and rolled over. The driver was trapped inside the truck, which was carrying kitchen waste fluids.
“It’s a pumper truck that was hauling restaurant kitchen waste,” said Bart Grave with the Arizona Department of Public Safety. “What’s leaking is the actual kitchen waste residue on to the freeway, so it’s not a hazardous material spill, but it is quite odorous.”
The driver was extracted and taken to the hospital. The passenger of the car was also trapped for about 30 minutes and was hospitalized. Both are expected to make a full recovery.
All westbound lanes were blocked. Traffic was diverted to State Route 143. The SR 143 ramp to westbound I-10 and the University ramp to westbound I-10 were also closed.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development