PHOENIX — Wells Fargo is holding a job fair starting Wednesday to fill almost 1,000 positions for its loan operations center in Tempe.
The fair runs through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day at the Phoenix Convention Center.
Candidates must have at least six months of mortgage experience.
Valley-based economist Elliott Pollack said the positives are more jobs for the Valley and Wells Fargo feels business is strong enough that it need the workers.
“More people are trying to refinance or buy new homes. New home permits were up almost 80 percent last year and they should be up 30-40 percent this year,” Pollack said.
Wells Fargo’s new loan ops center opens in February.
Applications also are available online.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona