Residents and business owners of the town of Greer are afraid that the closure of the historic Greer Lodge might negatively impact tourism.
The small town nestled in the White Mountains has been hard hit over the past few years by the economy and the Wallow Fire.
“The Greer Lodge, like our property and others, has been a critical part of welcoming guests to the slice of heaven we call home in the White Mountains. Greer offers a respite from the heat in the summer, beautiful leaves in the fall, nature’s awakening in the spring and a winter wonderland when we have snow like we do now. It is a loss any time any one, especially a business like Greer Lodge, is no longer making the marketplace aware of such a great area to visit,” said Casey Bolinger, owner of nearby Hidden Meadow Ranch in statement.
According to Bolinger, the owners of the Greer Lodge invested a lot of money into marketing and advertising. She fears that without it, tourists will forget Greer is still on the map.
“We’re losing not only the business and the jobs, but we’re losing that marketing push, so yes, we are very concerned,” she said.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona