Residents and business owners of the town of Greer are afraid that the closure of the historic Greer Lodge might negatively impact tourism.
The small town nestled in the White Mountains has been hard hit over the past few years by the economy and the Wallow Fire.
“The Greer Lodge, like our property and others, has been a critical part of welcoming guests to the slice of heaven we call home in the White Mountains. Greer offers a respite from the heat in the summer, beautiful leaves in the fall, nature’s awakening in the spring and a winter wonderland when we have snow like we do now. It is a loss any time any one, especially a business like Greer Lodge, is no longer making the marketplace aware of such a great area to visit,” said Casey Bolinger, owner of nearby Hidden Meadow Ranch in statement.
According to Bolinger, the owners of the Greer Lodge invested a lot of money into marketing and advertising. She fears that without it, tourists will forget Greer is still on the map.
“We’re losing not only the business and the jobs, but we’re losing that marketing push, so yes, we are very concerned,” she said.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas