Residents and business owners of the town of Greer are afraid that the closure of the historic Greer Lodge might negatively impact tourism.
The small town nestled in the White Mountains has been hard hit over the past few years by the economy and the Wallow Fire.
“The Greer Lodge, like our property and others, has been a critical part of welcoming guests to the slice of heaven we call home in the White Mountains. Greer offers a respite from the heat in the summer, beautiful leaves in the fall, nature’s awakening in the spring and a winter wonderland when we have snow like we do now. It is a loss any time any one, especially a business like Greer Lodge, is no longer making the marketplace aware of such a great area to visit,” said Casey Bolinger, owner of nearby Hidden Meadow Ranch in statement.
According to Bolinger, the owners of the Greer Lodge invested a lot of money into marketing and advertising. She fears that without it, tourists will forget Greer is still on the map.
“We’re losing not only the business and the jobs, but we’re losing that marketing push, so yes, we are very concerned,” she said.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments