Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords received some not so kind words from Connecticut state Rep. DebraLee Hovey.
According to Gawker, Giffords was told to “stay out of my towns”, via a now-deleted Facebook post from Hovey.
Giffords was in Newtown, Conn. last Friday to meet with the families who lost loved ones in the tragic mass shooting that killed 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Her visit came just days before the two-year anniversary of the Tucson shooting that left her severely injured.
Hovey deemed Giffords’ visit to be a political stunt. Amid criticism for her very public remarks, Hovey later apologized for her offensive comments towards Giffords.
She said she had hoped to regain a sense of privacy for the grieving families in her town and did not mean to attack the former Arizona congresswoman on a personal level.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development