Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords received some not so kind words from Connecticut state Rep. DebraLee Hovey.
According to Gawker, Giffords was told to “stay out of my towns”, via a now-deleted Facebook post from Hovey.
Giffords was in Newtown, Conn. last Friday to meet with the families who lost loved ones in the tragic mass shooting that killed 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Her visit came just days before the two-year anniversary of the Tucson shooting that left her severely injured.
Hovey deemed Giffords’ visit to be a political stunt. Amid criticism for her very public remarks, Hovey later apologized for her offensive comments towards Giffords.
She said she had hoped to regain a sense of privacy for the grieving families in her town and did not mean to attack the former Arizona congresswoman on a personal level.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night