TUCSON, Ariz. — On the second anniversary of the Tragedy in Tucson, the father of one of the victims said he continues to grieve the loss of his son, but is making an effort move beyond it.
“Frankly, I think about Gabe every day and have times every day when I’m sad, miss him and wish things would be different,” said Ross Zimmerman, father of congressional aide Gabe Zimmerman, who was 30.
In 2012, the Zimmerman family created the organization Beyond.
“Beyond is an annual community-wide event that occurs the first Saturday of every year to commemorate the anniversary of Jan. 8. The event is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our community and encourages Arizonans to come together, get outside and be physically active.”
Through this organization, the Zimmermans hope to encourage people to do something healthy and positive for themselves and their loved ones.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development