TUCSON, Ariz. — On the second anniversary of the Tragedy in Tucson, the father of one of the victims said he continues to grieve the loss of his son, but is making an effort move beyond it.
“Frankly, I think about Gabe every day and have times every day when I’m sad, miss him and wish things would be different,” said Ross Zimmerman, father of congressional aide Gabe Zimmerman, who was 30.
In 2012, the Zimmerman family created the organization Beyond.
“Beyond is an annual community-wide event that occurs the first Saturday of every year to commemorate the anniversary of Jan. 8. The event is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our community and encourages Arizonans to come together, get outside and be physically active.”
Through this organization, the Zimmermans hope to encourage people to do something healthy and positive for themselves and their loved ones.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them