Moving Arizona’s primary to early January from late February could cost the state a number of delegates at national conventions, but Arizona would have far more influence by being first, a political analyst said.
“A handful of delegates difference won’t likely amount to a hill of beans,” said Mike O’Neil. “Being first and having that impact the process? That’s much bigger. Witness Iowa. That’s why Iowa protects it.”
Last year, Gov. Jan Brewer briefly considered moving Arizona’s primary to Jan. 31.
State Republican Rep. Phis Lovas will push for legislation that would move Arizona’s presidential primary up to the same time as the Iowa Caucus, which is the first event in the year leading up the a presidential election.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development