Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was sworn into his sixth term on Monday by his wife, Ava.
“I am honored by the support of the people not only in Maricopa County, but across the nation during my twenty years as sheriff,” Arpaio said. “I must attribute however, the support of my wife to my successes during my 50+ years of law enforcement experience around the world.”
Arpaio said the Monday ceremony will not be his last.
“I’m registering again this month to run in 2016, so this isn’t my last swear-in. Four years from now, I’m going to have to choose who will swear me in then.”
Arpaio has been sworn in by celebrities and legal immigrants in the past.
The Arpaios were married in 1957 in Chicago. They have two children and four grandchildren.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development