Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was sworn into his sixth term on Monday by his wife, Ava.
“I am honored by the support of the people not only in Maricopa County, but across the nation during my twenty years as sheriff,” Arpaio said. “I must attribute however, the support of my wife to my successes during my 50+ years of law enforcement experience around the world.”
Arpaio said the Monday ceremony will not be his last.
“I’m registering again this month to run in 2016, so this isn’t my last swear-in. Four years from now, I’m going to have to choose who will swear me in then.”
Arpaio has been sworn in by celebrities and legal immigrants in the past.
The Arpaios were married in 1957 in Chicago. They have two children and four grandchildren.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments