Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was sworn into his sixth term on Monday by his wife, Ava.
“I am honored by the support of the people not only in Maricopa County, but across the nation during my twenty years as sheriff,” Arpaio said. “I must attribute however, the support of my wife to my successes during my 50+ years of law enforcement experience around the world.”
Arpaio said the Monday ceremony will not be his last.
“I’m registering again this month to run in 2016, so this isn’t my last swear-in. Four years from now, I’m going to have to choose who will swear me in then.”
Arpaio has been sworn in by celebrities and legal immigrants in the past.
The Arpaios were married in 1957 in Chicago. They have two children and four grandchildren.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier