A survey by Glassdoor, an online career community, found that one in three workers plans to look for a new job in 2013.
Salary leads the list of most important factors followed by location and career growth.
“This probably is going to be the first year since early 2008 that you can find a better position or someone who wants to pay you more or appreciate you more,” said Michael Hayes, owner of Phoenix-based Momentum Specialized Staffing.
Hayes thinks the 2013 job market will remain tight with only high performers getting higher offers. Right now, he sees a lot of lower-wage positions in retail, warehouse and labor industries with office positions also opening up.
If you are looking for a new job, Hayes said you need to do research and network, but do so carefully,
“You don’t have to talk about yourself, but maybe mention ‘a friend.’ You don’t want to let you present employer know you’re looking for a job so you get fired before you find another job.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food