PHOENIX — The “happiest time of the year” is over and now it’s one of the busiest for some Valley lawyers.
More divorces are initiated in January than in any other month.
“The volume of calls that I am receiving this time of year is a dramatic increase from what I experience on a day-to-day basis” said Kaine Fisher, head of the Family Law Department at Rose Law Group.
Stress can be to blame as the added pressures during the holidays can amplify existing trouble at home. Also, many couples wait until the holidays are over to spare children the pain.
“We want to keep families together, but sometimes it’s inevitable,” said Fisher. “It’s not healthy for the children, for the parties and once they make that very difficult decision, that what I am there.”
Fisher encourages couples to explore their options first. If divorce is the only answer, he advises each person to secure money, know what their assets are and talk to their own attorney.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development