PHOENIX — The “happiest time of the year” is over and now it’s one of the busiest for some Valley lawyers.
More divorces are initiated in January than in any other month.
“The volume of calls that I am receiving this time of year is a dramatic increase from what I experience on a day-to-day basis” said Kaine Fisher, head of the Family Law Department at Rose Law Group.
Stress can be to blame as the added pressures during the holidays can amplify existing trouble at home. Also, many couples wait until the holidays are over to spare children the pain.
“We want to keep families together, but sometimes it’s inevitable,” said Fisher. “It’s not healthy for the children, for the parties and once they make that very difficult decision, that what I am there.”
Fisher encourages couples to explore their options first. If divorce is the only answer, he advises each person to secure money, know what their assets are and talk to their own attorney.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick