PHOENIX — The “happiest time of the year” is over and now it’s one of the busiest for some Valley lawyers.
More divorces are initiated in January than in any other month.
“The volume of calls that I am receiving this time of year is a dramatic increase from what I experience on a day-to-day basis” said Kaine Fisher, head of the Family Law Department at Rose Law Group.
Stress can be to blame as the added pressures during the holidays can amplify existing trouble at home. Also, many couples wait until the holidays are over to spare children the pain.
“We want to keep families together, but sometimes it’s inevitable,” said Fisher. “It’s not healthy for the children, for the parties and once they make that very difficult decision, that what I am there.”
Fisher encourages couples to explore their options first. If divorce is the only answer, he advises each person to secure money, know what their assets are and talk to their own attorney.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees