FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Snowplows in the City of Flagstaff are sporting a new look thanks to some local schools.
The paint-a-plow idea came from heavy machine operator for the city, Scott Goodwin.
“I’m a retired police officer and one thing that I learned in my police career is that, if you want to establish new community partnerships and relationships, one of the best ways to do it is to start with the next generation,” he said.
Goodwin enlisted the help from local schools and they were on board with the plan. From mountain scenes, to animals, to a set of huge blue eyes, the children let their creativity flow. As a result, six city snowplows were transformed into rolling, multi-ton works of art.
As the snow comes, and the plows do their duty, the artwork fades away, but this is a special program Goodwin said Flagstaff will continue in years to come.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development