FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Snowplows in the City of Flagstaff are sporting a new look thanks to some local schools.
The paint-a-plow idea came from heavy machine operator for the city, Scott Goodwin.
“I’m a retired police officer and one thing that I learned in my police career is that, if you want to establish new community partnerships and relationships, one of the best ways to do it is to start with the next generation,” he said.
Goodwin enlisted the help from local schools and they were on board with the plan. From mountain scenes, to animals, to a set of huge blue eyes, the children let their creativity flow. As a result, six city snowplows were transformed into rolling, multi-ton works of art.
As the snow comes, and the plows do their duty, the artwork fades away, but this is a special program Goodwin said Flagstaff will continue in years to come.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas