The Department of Public Safety has reopened westbound Interstate 10 near Casa Grande Friday night after a rollover accident closed the road near State Route 387.
According to authorities, an eastbound pickup truck lost control after a tire blowout, crossed the median and hit a semi-truck head-on. A box truck then crashed into the semi, causing its trailer, filled with 44,000 pounds of formic acid, to roll. Some of the acid was spilled on the roadway.
The driver of the pickup truck was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
Backups were stretching five miles on the westbound I-10 and four miles on the eastbound.
A later accident caused a complete closure of relief road of State Route 187. Two sedans collided near milepost 188, south of Sacaton. The southbound lanes were reopened shortly after the crash.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona