The Department of Public Safety has reopened westbound Interstate 10 near Casa Grande Friday night after a rollover accident closed the road near State Route 387.
According to authorities, an eastbound pickup truck lost control after a tire blowout, crossed the median and hit a semi-truck head-on. A box truck then crashed into the semi, causing its trailer, filled with 44,000 pounds of formic acid, to roll. Some of the acid was spilled on the roadway.
The driver of the pickup truck was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.
Backups were stretching five miles on the westbound I-10 and four miles on the eastbound.
A later accident caused a complete closure of relief road of State Route 187. Two sedans collided near milepost 188, south of Sacaton. The southbound lanes were reopened shortly after the crash.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy