People have come in from all over to be in Arizona for either the holidays or the two exciting bowl games.
Due to the influx of vacationers, Sky Harbor will be experiencing a high volume of passengers for the next few days.
“It’s going to be busy here at least through Monday or Tuesday,” said airport spokesperson Deborah Ostreicher.
The airport has provided the following tips to help make the experience easier:
• Bringing home a game program? Please place your program in your carry-on bag rather than checked luggage. Because the shape, size and materials used in the programs, they’re not easily identified in the checked baggage screening process and may cause luggage to be hand-searched.
• Make sure to allow time to check in and get through Airport security. Travelers are advised to arrive to the Airport a minimum of two hours before flight departure.
• Travelers who need to return a rental car should be aware that the Rental Car Center may be busy the day after the games. Arrive at the Rental Car Center early to allow for transfer to the terminals, check-in, and security.
• Sky Harbor has a mobile website. Visit skyharbor.com on your mobile device for Airport information. You can even find out what shops and restaurants are near your gate.
• Have additional questions while in the Airport? Ask one of our volunteer Navigators in the purple jackets for help, visit an Information Counter, or ask any one of our friendly Operations staff. We are here to assist you.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon