People have come in from all over to be in Arizona for either the holidays or the two exciting bowl games.
Due to the influx of vacationers, Sky Harbor will be experiencing a high volume of passengers for the next few days.
“It’s going to be busy here at least through Monday or Tuesday,” said airport spokesperson Deborah Ostreicher.
The airport has provided the following tips to help make the experience easier:
• Bringing home a game program? Please place your program in your carry-on bag rather than checked luggage. Because the shape, size and materials used in the programs, they’re not easily identified in the checked baggage screening process and may cause luggage to be hand-searched.
• Make sure to allow time to check in and get through Airport security. Travelers are advised to arrive to the Airport a minimum of two hours before flight departure.
• Travelers who need to return a rental car should be aware that the Rental Car Center may be busy the day after the games. Arrive at the Rental Car Center early to allow for transfer to the terminals, check-in, and security.
• Sky Harbor has a mobile website. Visit skyharbor.com on your mobile device for Airport information. You can even find out what shops and restaurants are near your gate.
• Have additional questions while in the Airport? Ask one of our volunteer Navigators in the purple jackets for help, visit an Information Counter, or ask any one of our friendly Operations staff. We are here to assist you.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes