People have come in from all over to be in Arizona for either the holidays or the two exciting bowl games.
Due to the influx of vacationers, Sky Harbor will be experiencing a high volume of passengers for the next few days.
“It’s going to be busy here at least through Monday or Tuesday,” said airport spokesperson Deborah Ostreicher.
The airport has provided the following tips to help make the experience easier:
• Bringing home a game program? Please place your program in your carry-on bag rather than checked luggage. Because the shape, size and materials used in the programs, they’re not easily identified in the checked baggage screening process and may cause luggage to be hand-searched.
• Make sure to allow time to check in and get through Airport security. Travelers are advised to arrive to the Airport a minimum of two hours before flight departure.
• Travelers who need to return a rental car should be aware that the Rental Car Center may be busy the day after the games. Arrive at the Rental Car Center early to allow for transfer to the terminals, check-in, and security.
• Sky Harbor has a mobile website. Visit skyharbor.com on your mobile device for Airport information. You can even find out what shops and restaurants are near your gate.
• Have additional questions while in the Airport? Ask one of our volunteer Navigators in the purple jackets for help, visit an Information Counter, or ask any one of our friendly Operations staff. We are here to assist you.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier