Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, reportedly met privately Wednesday with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to discuss gun control.
According to ABC News, the meeting lasted for about one hour.
Bloomberg, a long-time proponent of stricter gun control laws, sent investigators to an Arizona gun show to see how easy it was to purchase guns in the state after Giffords was shot.
In February 2012, Bloomberg appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press” expressing anger over the fact that the Giffords shooting hadn’t sparked a national dialogue about gun laws. “You’d think that if a congresswoman got shot in the head, that would have changed Congress’ views,” said Bloomberg, who founded the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns in 2006.
It was also reported that Giffords and Kelly will visit Newtown, Conn. on Friday where nearly 30 people were killed inside an elementary school.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon