Citrus trees in the Valley are covered with an abundance of fruit and St. Mary’s Food Bank is ready to take the fruit off of your hands.
You can make an appointment and have volunteers come in and glean your property for a $15 per tree or you can pick the citrus fruit yourself and drop it off on Super Citrus Saturday on Jan. 26.
“We’ll set up our bins, we’ll set up our trucks and if you’ve pulled your trees and want to donate to the food bank, we’re going to make it convenient for you,” said Saint Mary’s Food Bank Alliance spokesman Jerry Brown.
Last year, more than two million pounds of citrus was gleaned through the program.
The four Super Citrus Saturday locations for 2013 are:
North Phoenix Baptist Church (5757 North Central Avenue, Phoenix)
Shepherd of the Hills United Church of Christ (5524 E. Lafayette Blvd., Phoenix)
St. Mary’s Food Bank (13050 W. Elm St., Surprise)
North Scottsdale Basha’s Plaza (10111 E. Bell Road, Scottsdale)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains