Citrus trees in the Valley are covered with an abundance of fruit and St. Mary’s Food Bank is ready to take the fruit off of your hands.
You can make an appointment and have volunteers come in and glean your property for a $15 per tree or you can pick the citrus fruit yourself and drop it off on Super Citrus Saturday on Jan. 26.
“We’ll set up our bins, we’ll set up our trucks and if you’ve pulled your trees and want to donate to the food bank, we’re going to make it convenient for you,” said Saint Mary’s Food Bank Alliance spokesman Jerry Brown.
Last year, more than two million pounds of citrus was gleaned through the program.
The four Super Citrus Saturday locations for 2013 are:
North Phoenix Baptist Church (5757 North Central Avenue, Phoenix)
Shepherd of the Hills United Church of Christ (5524 E. Lafayette Blvd., Phoenix)
St. Mary’s Food Bank (13050 W. Elm St., Surprise)
North Scottsdale Basha’s Plaza (10111 E. Bell Road, Scottsdale)
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life