The Arizona Cardinals are continuing the hunt for their next head coach and one man they plan to interview is Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy.
A Denver broadcaster thinks McCoy might be a good fit for the Cards. Peter Burns with Mile High Sports Radio said McCoy has proven he can deal with a team’s quarterback issues.
“You’ve seen the difference between Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow,” he said. “He led both of those teams to pretty successful offensive years. Hey, listen, maybe there’s a way that Kevin Kolb and that Arizona quarterback position can be fixed. If there’s a person who can do that, McCoy has shown that he definitely had the talent to do that here in Denver.”
Burns said that if McCoy takes the Arizona job, Broncos fans may not miss him that much.
“Bronco fans feel that with Peyton Manning as quarterback, an offensive coordinator just needs to be there to kind of babysit,” he said. “Broncos fans are deathly afraid of losing defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, who has turned this Broncos defense into a good squad, and, arguably, maybe the best defense in the NFL.”
At least three other NFL teams are interested in McCoy possibly becoming their next head coach. Burns gave the Cardinals a 50-50 chance of luring him to Arizona, but he said the Cardinals may have one advantage over the other teams.
“With Larry Fitzgerald, I think any offensive coordinator-minded coach would love to know that he can go to a situation where Kevin Kolb is a good quarterback and Larry Fitzgerald is a guy on the receiving end. That’s definitely a plus for the Arizona Cardinals.”
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths