The Arizona Cardinals are continuing the hunt for their next head coach and one man they plan to interview is Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy.
A Denver broadcaster thinks McCoy might be a good fit for the Cards. Peter Burns with Mile High Sports Radio said McCoy has proven he can deal with a team’s quarterback issues.
“You’ve seen the difference between Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow,” he said. “He led both of those teams to pretty successful offensive years. Hey, listen, maybe there’s a way that Kevin Kolb and that Arizona quarterback position can be fixed. If there’s a person who can do that, McCoy has shown that he definitely had the talent to do that here in Denver.”
Burns said that if McCoy takes the Arizona job, Broncos fans may not miss him that much.
“Bronco fans feel that with Peyton Manning as quarterback, an offensive coordinator just needs to be there to kind of babysit,” he said. “Broncos fans are deathly afraid of losing defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, who has turned this Broncos defense into a good squad, and, arguably, maybe the best defense in the NFL.”
At least three other NFL teams are interested in McCoy possibly becoming their next head coach. Burns gave the Cardinals a 50-50 chance of luring him to Arizona, but he said the Cardinals may have one advantage over the other teams.
“With Larry Fitzgerald, I think any offensive coordinator-minded coach would love to know that he can go to a situation where Kevin Kolb is a good quarterback and Larry Fitzgerald is a guy on the receiving end. That’s definitely a plus for the Arizona Cardinals.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments