The Arizona Cardinals are continuing the hunt for their next head coach and one man they plan to interview is Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy.
A Denver broadcaster thinks McCoy might be a good fit for the Cards. Peter Burns with Mile High Sports Radio said McCoy has proven he can deal with a team’s quarterback issues.
“You’ve seen the difference between Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow,” he said. “He led both of those teams to pretty successful offensive years. Hey, listen, maybe there’s a way that Kevin Kolb and that Arizona quarterback position can be fixed. If there’s a person who can do that, McCoy has shown that he definitely had the talent to do that here in Denver.”
Burns said that if McCoy takes the Arizona job, Broncos fans may not miss him that much.
“Bronco fans feel that with Peyton Manning as quarterback, an offensive coordinator just needs to be there to kind of babysit,” he said. “Broncos fans are deathly afraid of losing defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, who has turned this Broncos defense into a good squad, and, arguably, maybe the best defense in the NFL.”
At least three other NFL teams are interested in McCoy possibly becoming their next head coach. Burns gave the Cardinals a 50-50 chance of luring him to Arizona, but he said the Cardinals may have one advantage over the other teams.
“With Larry Fitzgerald, I think any offensive coordinator-minded coach would love to know that he can go to a situation where Kevin Kolb is a good quarterback and Larry Fitzgerald is a guy on the receiving end. That’s definitely a plus for the Arizona Cardinals.”
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain