The Arizona Cardinals are continuing the hunt for their next head coach and one man they plan to interview is Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator Mike McCoy.
A Denver broadcaster thinks McCoy might be a good fit for the Cards. Peter Burns with Mile High Sports Radio said McCoy has proven he can deal with a team’s quarterback issues.
“You’ve seen the difference between Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow,” he said. “He led both of those teams to pretty successful offensive years. Hey, listen, maybe there’s a way that Kevin Kolb and that Arizona quarterback position can be fixed. If there’s a person who can do that, McCoy has shown that he definitely had the talent to do that here in Denver.”
Burns said that if McCoy takes the Arizona job, Broncos fans may not miss him that much.
“Bronco fans feel that with Peyton Manning as quarterback, an offensive coordinator just needs to be there to kind of babysit,” he said. “Broncos fans are deathly afraid of losing defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, who has turned this Broncos defense into a good squad, and, arguably, maybe the best defense in the NFL.”
At least three other NFL teams are interested in McCoy possibly becoming their next head coach. Burns gave the Cardinals a 50-50 chance of luring him to Arizona, but he said the Cardinals may have one advantage over the other teams.
“With Larry Fitzgerald, I think any offensive coordinator-minded coach would love to know that he can go to a situation where Kevin Kolb is a good quarterback and Larry Fitzgerald is a guy on the receiving end. That’s definitely a plus for the Arizona Cardinals.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon