PHOENIX — They may be rivals in the Fiesta Bowl, but Ducks and Wildcats teamed up Thursday morning to help fight hunger.
About 100 students and supporters from Kansas State and Oregon visited St. Mary’s Food Bank to help pack boxes of food.
“We thought we could all come together and work together before we battle it out on the football field tonight,” said Sarah Smith-Benanti, development assistant of student affairs at Oregon.
Smith-Benanti said the school worked with the food bank two years ago when Oregon played in the BCS national championship game.
Kansas State vice president Pat Boscow said the latest event is an opportunity to teach their students about giving back.
“It’s one small step in the process of educating young people about the commitment to community service, civic engagement, and caring about someone else,” Boscow said.
St. Mary’s Food Bank estimated the volunteers packed about 1,600 boxes.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them