SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Higher real estate prices aren’t stopping Canadians from buying Arizona properties.
Demand has sent the housing prices higher, and that means that both Canadians and Americans have missed the boat when it comes to buying at the lowest price.
However, Diane Brennan of KTAR’s “That Real Estate Show” said Canadians can still find bargains here.
“With the Canadian dollar so strong, even though prices have increased in the Phoenix metro area, there’s still fantastic deals compared to what Canadians can buy for in Canada,” she said.
Brennan specializes in dealing with buyers from north of the border.
“I’m advising them to continue to buy,” she said. “There’s still great deals here. You can’t buy condos for $100,000 in Canada. It’s still very cheap here. There’s a lot of investors that are purchasing. There’s a lot of 30-year-olds who are purchasing their retirement homes because things are so cheap here.”
Valley real estate expert Dean Wegner said the buying frenzy of the past few months has leveled off.
“Right now, it’s not as much as it was during the summer, when you were getting 30 offers on the first day,” he said. “But homes are selling in the first week that they’re on the market. You’re still seeing multiple offers, but the bidding wars and the craziness has definitely leveled off.”
But something else has changed.
“We’re seeing a better appraisal environment,” Wegner said. “Whereas in the summer, nine out of 10 deals wouldn’t appraise. Now, nine out of 10 deals are appraising.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments