SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Higher real estate prices aren’t stopping Canadians from buying Arizona properties.
Demand has sent the housing prices higher, and that means that both Canadians and Americans have missed the boat when it comes to buying at the lowest price.
However, Diane Brennan of KTAR’s “That Real Estate Show” said Canadians can still find bargains here.
“With the Canadian dollar so strong, even though prices have increased in the Phoenix metro area, there’s still fantastic deals compared to what Canadians can buy for in Canada,” she said.
Brennan specializes in dealing with buyers from north of the border.
“I’m advising them to continue to buy,” she said. “There’s still great deals here. You can’t buy condos for $100,000 in Canada. It’s still very cheap here. There’s a lot of investors that are purchasing. There’s a lot of 30-year-olds who are purchasing their retirement homes because things are so cheap here.”
Valley real estate expert Dean Wegner said the buying frenzy of the past few months has leveled off.
“Right now, it’s not as much as it was during the summer, when you were getting 30 offers on the first day,” he said. “But homes are selling in the first week that they’re on the market. You’re still seeing multiple offers, but the bidding wars and the craziness has definitely leveled off.”
But something else has changed.
“We’re seeing a better appraisal environment,” Wegner said. “Whereas in the summer, nine out of 10 deals wouldn’t appraise. Now, nine out of 10 deals are appraising.”
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes