SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Higher real estate prices aren’t stopping Canadians from buying Arizona properties.
Demand has sent the housing prices higher, and that means that both Canadians and Americans have missed the boat when it comes to buying at the lowest price.
However, Diane Brennan of KTAR’s “That Real Estate Show” said Canadians can still find bargains here.
“With the Canadian dollar so strong, even though prices have increased in the Phoenix metro area, there’s still fantastic deals compared to what Canadians can buy for in Canada,” she said.
Brennan specializes in dealing with buyers from north of the border.
“I’m advising them to continue to buy,” she said. “There’s still great deals here. You can’t buy condos for $100,000 in Canada. It’s still very cheap here. There’s a lot of investors that are purchasing. There’s a lot of 30-year-olds who are purchasing their retirement homes because things are so cheap here.”
Valley real estate expert Dean Wegner said the buying frenzy of the past few months has leveled off.
“Right now, it’s not as much as it was during the summer, when you were getting 30 offers on the first day,” he said. “But homes are selling in the first week that they’re on the market. You’re still seeing multiple offers, but the bidding wars and the craziness has definitely leveled off.”
But something else has changed.
“We’re seeing a better appraisal environment,” Wegner said. “Whereas in the summer, nine out of 10 deals wouldn’t appraise. Now, nine out of 10 deals are appraising.”
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them