The Oregon Ducks now have the blessing of a Phoenix tiger.
Hadiah, the Phoenix Zoo’s Sumatran tiger, on Wednesday picked the Oregon Ducks to beat the Kansas State Wildcats in Thursday’s Tostitos Fiesta Bowl football game.
Phoenix Zoo spokeswoman Linda Hardwick explains how Hadiah made her pick.
“We had two cardboard boxes with the logo of each team on them,” she said. “Inside the box, we put the same amount of fish and meat. We button those up, the zoo keeper then goes back inside and releases the tiger into the area. Whichever box the tiger touches first, that’s who the winner of the bowl game is.”
Hadiah touched the Oregon box first, making the Ducks the winner. The tiger then immediately walked over to the Kansas State box, took the food out and devoured it. Several minutes later, she returned to the Oregon box and ate what was inside.
So far, Hadiah has a record of 2-1 in picking bowl game winners, dating back to last year. She correctly predicted Michigan State to win last week’s Buffalo Wild Wings bowl at Sun Devil Stadium.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments