The Oregon Ducks now have the blessing of a Phoenix tiger.
Hadiah, the Phoenix Zoo’s Sumatran tiger, on Wednesday picked the Oregon Ducks to beat the Kansas State Wildcats in Thursday’s Tostitos Fiesta Bowl football game.
Phoenix Zoo spokeswoman Linda Hardwick explains how Hadiah made her pick.
“We had two cardboard boxes with the logo of each team on them,” she said. “Inside the box, we put the same amount of fish and meat. We button those up, the zoo keeper then goes back inside and releases the tiger into the area. Whichever box the tiger touches first, that’s who the winner of the bowl game is.”
Hadiah touched the Oregon box first, making the Ducks the winner. The tiger then immediately walked over to the Kansas State box, took the food out and devoured it. Several minutes later, she returned to the Oregon box and ate what was inside.
So far, Hadiah has a record of 2-1 in picking bowl game winners, dating back to last year. She correctly predicted Michigan State to win last week’s Buffalo Wild Wings bowl at Sun Devil Stadium.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates