The Oregon Ducks now have the blessing of a Phoenix tiger.
Hadiah, the Phoenix Zoo’s Sumatran tiger, on Wednesday picked the Oregon Ducks to beat the Kansas State Wildcats in Thursday’s Tostitos Fiesta Bowl football game.
Phoenix Zoo spokeswoman Linda Hardwick explains how Hadiah made her pick.
“We had two cardboard boxes with the logo of each team on them,” she said. “Inside the box, we put the same amount of fish and meat. We button those up, the zoo keeper then goes back inside and releases the tiger into the area. Whichever box the tiger touches first, that’s who the winner of the bowl game is.”
Hadiah touched the Oregon box first, making the Ducks the winner. The tiger then immediately walked over to the Kansas State box, took the food out and devoured it. Several minutes later, she returned to the Oregon box and ate what was inside.
So far, Hadiah has a record of 2-1 in picking bowl game winners, dating back to last year. She correctly predicted Michigan State to win last week’s Buffalo Wild Wings bowl at Sun Devil Stadium.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon