Senator-elect Jeff Flake is not happy with how elected officials are handling America’s checkbook.
As Washington continues to haggle over the fiscal cliff, Flake said he doesn’t see President Barack Obama nor Congress working to cut spending.
“We’ve drawn and backed away from so many lines in the sand that we’ve run out of beach,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Wednesday. “If we can’t cut spending now, with this looming over our heads, I don’t know when we will.”
Flake said he voted no on the fiscal cliff bargain because is doesn’t address overspending by the government.
“It spends more money than we were before,” he said. “That blows me away that we can face a fiscal cliff and come out with a bill that spends more money.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon