Senator-elect Jeff Flake is not happy with how elected officials are handling America’s checkbook.
As Washington continues to haggle over the fiscal cliff, Flake said he doesn’t see President Barack Obama nor Congress working to cut spending.
“We’ve drawn and backed away from so many lines in the sand that we’ve run out of beach,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck on Wednesday. “If we can’t cut spending now, with this looming over our heads, I don’t know when we will.”
Flake said he voted no on the fiscal cliff bargain because is doesn’t address overspending by the government.
“It spends more money than we were before,” he said. “That blows me away that we can face a fiscal cliff and come out with a bill that spends more money.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments