If you’re looking to land a new job in 2013, it’s time to clean up your Twitter act, Facebook act and any other questionable behavior on social media.
According to a Valley employment expert, more employers are looking on these types of sites for behavior that might demonstration poor judgment and/or illegal behavior.
“I think it makes for poor decision making,” said Michael Hayes with Momentum Specialized Staffing. “People forget and think they are posting in some private space.”
The reality is, once you post something online, it could end up on your future employer’s computer screen.
Hayes said drunken pictures, sexually provocative pictures of yourself or others, off-color jokes, racist or hateful pics or comments and extreme political views should be avoided because it could mean the difference between getting that job or another few months of pounding the pavement.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon