PHOENIX — Red state, blue state, how about purple state?
A Valley political analyst said Arizona is becoming more purple and will eventually turn to a blue state.
Arizona has long been a red state but Mike O’Neil said a shift to purple or blue is inevitable. Still, it won’t happen by the 2016 presidential election.
“The longterm demographic shift is clear. It has to do with migration, not just Hispanics but more people coming to Arizona from elsewhere,” O’Neil said. “We will not be a lock-red state anymore.”
But Republicans will have a lock on the state legislature until 2020, he said.
“Just because of the way the districts are. A Democrat could be elected governor but that Democrat starts with a 6 percent handicap.”
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick