GLENDALE, Ariz. – The first Valley baby of 2013 was born four minutes after midnight in Glendale.
Malcolm Thomas Rhodes weighed in at 6 lbs and 13 oz and 20 inches long.
The new bundle of joy was born to happy parents, Kendra and Ash Rhodes. They rushed from Mesa to Banner Thunderbird in Glendale at about 10 a.m. Monday. Their new baby boy arrived at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Ash said he was pleasantly surprised by his wife’s temperament during labor.
“I was fully expecting her to do the ‘this is all your fault, we are never doing this again’ but she was fantastic.”
The Rhodes’ had no idea their son was the first Valley baby of the New Year until a nurse told them.
“The nurses were super excited but I just was ready to be done at that point,” the new mother said.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise