GLENDALE, Ariz. – The first Valley baby of 2013 was born four minutes after midnight in Glendale.
Malcolm Thomas Rhodes weighed in at 6 lbs and 13 oz and 20 inches long.
The new bundle of joy was born to happy parents, Kendra and Ash Rhodes. They rushed from Mesa to Banner Thunderbird in Glendale at about 10 a.m. Monday. Their new baby boy arrived at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Ash said he was pleasantly surprised by his wife’s temperament during labor.
“I was fully expecting her to do the ‘this is all your fault, we are never doing this again’ but she was fantastic.”
The Rhodes’ had no idea their son was the first Valley baby of the New Year until a nurse told them.
“The nurses were super excited but I just was ready to be done at that point,” the new mother said.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments