GLENDALE, Ariz. – The first Valley baby of 2013 was born four minutes after midnight in Glendale.
Malcolm Thomas Rhodes weighed in at 6 lbs and 13 oz and 20 inches long.
The new bundle of joy was born to happy parents, Kendra and Ash Rhodes. They rushed from Mesa to Banner Thunderbird in Glendale at about 10 a.m. Monday. Their new baby boy arrived at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Ash said he was pleasantly surprised by his wife’s temperament during labor.
“I was fully expecting her to do the ‘this is all your fault, we are never doing this again’ but she was fantastic.”
The Rhodes’ had no idea their son was the first Valley baby of the New Year until a nurse told them.
“The nurses were super excited but I just was ready to be done at that point,” the new mother said.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas