GLENDALE, Ariz. – The first Valley baby of 2013 was born four minutes after midnight in Glendale.
Malcolm Thomas Rhodes weighed in at 6 lbs and 13 oz and 20 inches long.
The new bundle of joy was born to happy parents, Kendra and Ash Rhodes. They rushed from Mesa to Banner Thunderbird in Glendale at about 10 a.m. Monday. Their new baby boy arrived at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Ash said he was pleasantly surprised by his wife’s temperament during labor.
“I was fully expecting her to do the ‘this is all your fault, we are never doing this again’ but she was fantastic.”
The Rhodes’ had no idea their son was the first Valley baby of the New Year until a nurse told them.
“The nurses were super excited but I just was ready to be done at that point,” the new mother said.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy