PHOENIX — As celebrations get underway to ring in the new year, Triple-A wants to remind people to stay safe on the roads.
Several times a year, the agency offers a free service called “tipsy tow.” The program offers everyone, including non-members, a free one-way tow of up to 10 miles for the driver and one passenger.
Michelle Donati with Triple-A said they get a spike of calls after midnight.
“Once the ball drops…then we start to see people think about getting home at that point in time,” she said, adding that even though the “tipsy tow” service is an option, the best advice is to not drink and drive.
There’s a few things people taking part in the service need to know. Triple-A will not take passengers to another drinking establishment or a home other than their own. They will take drivers to a hotel if they’re a guest at the hotel or plan to become one.
The service begins at 6 p.m. New Year’s Eve and goes through 6 a.m. New Year’s Day. In order to get the service, people need to call 1-800-AAA-HELP (1-800-222-4357) during the service period, state that they need a tipsy tow, and provide the driver’s information. The service will be offered all across Arizona.
Donati said, should the service be unavailable, to call a taxi or a designated driver.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development