PHOENIX — The Waste Management Phoenix Open is looking for 1,000 volunteers at the TPC of Scottsdale.
Volunteers will be expected to keep the place clean during the January PGA event.
“We have something called the Zero Waste Challenge,” said company spokeswoman Janette Coates. The goal is to keep at least 90 percent of the waste produced out of landfills.
“That means we are only going to have recycling or compost receptacles along the course.”
That’s right, no trash cans.
Coates said volunteers, who must be 14 or older, will help direct patrons to the proper recycling receptacles.
There are a couple of perks for the volunteers, chief among them a ticket to return to the tournament as a spectator any other day of the event, which runs Jan. 28-Feb. 3.
For more information, go to the tournament website at Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas