PHOENIX — The Waste Management Phoenix Open is looking for 1,000 volunteers at the TPC of Scottsdale.
Volunteers will be expected to keep the place clean during the January PGA event.
“We have something called the Zero Waste Challenge,” said company spokeswoman Janette Coates. The goal is to keep at least 90 percent of the waste produced out of landfills.
“That means we are only going to have recycling or compost receptacles along the course.”
That’s right, no trash cans.
Coates said volunteers, who must be 14 or older, will help direct patrons to the proper recycling receptacles.
There are a couple of perks for the volunteers, chief among them a ticket to return to the tournament as a spectator any other day of the event, which runs Jan. 28-Feb. 3.
For more information, go to the tournament website at Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development