On a small stretch of the wall that divides the United States from Mexico, there’s bright, colorful artwork, whimsical visions painted by children in Naco, Sonora.
The children have been armed with paint and brushes by the organization Border Bedazzlers. Gretchen Baer, one of the artist group’s leaders, said the idea of beautifying the border wall has been tossed around for a long time, but it wasn’t until April that plans really took off.
“It’s a sad story to have this border between us,” Baer said. “They are friends.”
The Border Bedazzlers’ mission, according its Facebook page, is “to make friends, make art, make good neighbors!”
The Naco community has embraced the Bisbee group’s effort and parents seem to encourage their children to participate in the experience.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon