PRESCOTT — You could get a real kick out of being in Prescott this New Year’s Eve.
That’s because the town will be welcoming in 2013 with its second annual Boot Drop. It’s a lighted boot that will drop from atop one of Whiskey Row’s saloons.
“One of the historic ones here is the Palace Restaurant and Saloon,” Robert Coombs of the Prescott Chamber of Commerce said. “It has the big wooden swinging doors. The boot will drop from their flagpole up at the top.”
Coombs said the boot will drop twice on New Year’s Eve.
“There’ll be the boot drop at 10 p.m., for people who don’t want to stay up late,” said Coombs. “Then, there’ll be one at midnight, which will be followed by fireworks.”
Coombs said that a fire that destroyed the nearby Bird Cage Saloon in May will have no effect on this year’s celebration.
“The fire was just one building which housed three different individual buildings, and that’s being restored even as we speak,” said Coombs. “Only a very, very small part of Whiskey Row was affected by that fire.”
There is no admission charge for Monday night’s celebration. It gets underway at 8 p.m., and includes booths and live entertainment.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths