PRESCOTT — You could get a real kick out of being in Prescott this New Year’s Eve.
That’s because the town will be welcoming in 2013 with its second annual Boot Drop. It’s a lighted boot that will drop from atop one of Whiskey Row’s saloons.
“One of the historic ones here is the Palace Restaurant and Saloon,” Robert Coombs of the Prescott Chamber of Commerce said. “It has the big wooden swinging doors. The boot will drop from their flagpole up at the top.”
Coombs said the boot will drop twice on New Year’s Eve.
“There’ll be the boot drop at 10 p.m., for people who don’t want to stay up late,” said Coombs. “Then, there’ll be one at midnight, which will be followed by fireworks.”
Coombs said that a fire that destroyed the nearby Bird Cage Saloon in May will have no effect on this year’s celebration.
“The fire was just one building which housed three different individual buildings, and that’s being restored even as we speak,” said Coombs. “Only a very, very small part of Whiskey Row was affected by that fire.”
There is no admission charge for Monday night’s celebration. It gets underway at 8 p.m., and includes booths and live entertainment.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy