PRESCOTT — You could get a real kick out of being in Prescott this New Year’s Eve.
That’s because the town will be welcoming in 2013 with its second annual Boot Drop. It’s a lighted boot that will drop from atop one of Whiskey Row’s saloons.
“One of the historic ones here is the Palace Restaurant and Saloon,” Robert Coombs of the Prescott Chamber of Commerce said. “It has the big wooden swinging doors. The boot will drop from their flagpole up at the top.”
Coombs said the boot will drop twice on New Year’s Eve.
“There’ll be the boot drop at 10 p.m., for people who don’t want to stay up late,” said Coombs. “Then, there’ll be one at midnight, which will be followed by fireworks.”
Coombs said that a fire that destroyed the nearby Bird Cage Saloon in May will have no effect on this year’s celebration.
“The fire was just one building which housed three different individual buildings, and that’s being restored even as we speak,” said Coombs. “Only a very, very small part of Whiskey Row was affected by that fire.”
There is no admission charge for Monday night’s celebration. It gets underway at 8 p.m., and includes booths and live entertainment.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development