It seems every week we hear about a new restaurant opening in the Valley, but they’re not fast food or fine dining establishments.
Instead, they’re considered fast casual restaurants, like Capriotti’s Sandwiches, which opened in mid-December near 16th St. and Bethany Home Rd. in Phoenix.
It’s the second Capriotti’s franchise for Adam Gilburne and his partner, “I think what’s happened is that people have re-adjusted what they’re used to.”
Gilburne said nearly all restaurants suffered financially in 2007 and 2008. Then, in 2010 and 2011, he said people started eating out again, patronizing fast casual places rather than full-service restaurants,
“You know, for $8 or $9, you can get a high quality meal with no tip,” he said.
Chicago-based Portillo’s plans to open two Valley locations in 2013, one near Tempe Marketplace should open in late summer, the other at 90th St. and Shea in Scottsdale will open in February. Eric Peterson, Vice President of Portillo’s Restaurant Group, said they’re looking to hire about 200 people for their Scottsdale store.
“Anywhere from greeters to order takers to cashiers to sandwich makers. We have extremely flexible hours and we’ll have a mix of both full-time and part-time employees.”
Starting Jan. 3, applicants can apply in person at Portillo’s hiring center at 9160 E. Shea Blvd., Unit 103A in Scottsdale. You can also pick up and drop off applications at a mailbox located at the restaurant’s site at the southwest corner of 90th St. and Shea.
Pita Pit is also moving into the Valley. An Arizona couple has signed a franchise agreement to bring 11 locations to the market, starting in Tempe early next year.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America