It seems every week we hear about a new restaurant opening in the Valley, but they’re not fast food or fine dining establishments.
Instead, they’re considered fast casual restaurants, like Capriotti’s Sandwiches, which opened in mid-December near 16th St. and Bethany Home Rd. in Phoenix.
It’s the second Capriotti’s franchise for Adam Gilburne and his partner, “I think what’s happened is that people have re-adjusted what they’re used to.”
Gilburne said nearly all restaurants suffered financially in 2007 and 2008. Then, in 2010 and 2011, he said people started eating out again, patronizing fast casual places rather than full-service restaurants,
“You know, for $8 or $9, you can get a high quality meal with no tip,” he said.
Chicago-based Portillo’s plans to open two Valley locations in 2013, one near Tempe Marketplace should open in late summer, the other at 90th St. and Shea in Scottsdale will open in February. Eric Peterson, Vice President of Portillo’s Restaurant Group, said they’re looking to hire about 200 people for their Scottsdale store.
“Anywhere from greeters to order takers to cashiers to sandwich makers. We have extremely flexible hours and we’ll have a mix of both full-time and part-time employees.”
Starting Jan. 3, applicants can apply in person at Portillo’s hiring center at 9160 E. Shea Blvd., Unit 103A in Scottsdale. You can also pick up and drop off applications at a mailbox located at the restaurant’s site at the southwest corner of 90th St. and Shea.
Pita Pit is also moving into the Valley. An Arizona couple has signed a franchise agreement to bring 11 locations to the market, starting in Tempe early next year.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon